Little Effort, Big Impact: Spread Cheer With These Random Acts of Kindness
August 26, 2016 | western
Feeling blue? Sometimes the best way to break free from a bad mood is to look outward, not inward. And one of the best ways to do just that is by practicing random acts of kindness! These thankless little acts require minimal effort on your part, but they're guaranteed to make a big (positive!) impact on others — and you.
Here are 10 ways you can spread cheer among friends, family members, strangers, your neighbors at Sun Garden, and everyone in between.
1) Put a quarter into an expired meter.
2) Say good morning to passersby
3) Exchange pleasantries on the elevator
4) Leave coupons around the supermarket
5) Pay for the food, coffee, or toll of the person behind you in line
6) Always stop at lemonade stands
7) Pay someone a compliment
8) Say please and thank you
9) Volunteer at a soup kitchen
10) Generously tip your waiter or waitress